A Little Bit About Us
Northeast PHO has been providing management services to our members for more than 20 years. Below are some key facts and milestones related to our organization:
- NEPHO was incorporated in 1995 by New England Community Medical Group (NECoMG) and Northeast Health Systems (NHS), Northeast Hospital Corporation’s (NHC) former parent company.
- NEPHO and NECoMG are governed by separate Boards of Directors.
- NECoMG is an independent physician organization and was first comprised of 30 PCPs and 58 Specialists; there are presently 63 PCPs and 264 Specialists.
- NECoMG continues to include both private practice and employed physicians.
- The original 2 member hospitals of NEPHO remain: Beverly Hospital and Addison Gilbert Hospital.
- Dr. Gregory Bazylewicz was the first President of NEPHO & NECoMG; Dr. Pierre Ezzi is the current President.
- Dr. Philip Herrick was NEPHO’s first Medical Director. Since then, Dr. Joel Shelkot and Dr. Leslie Sebba also served this role. Dr. Louis Di Lillo is the current Medical Director.
- Jeanne Holland was the first Executive Director of NEPHO; others who have held the position include Nicole DeVita and Stacey Keough (the current Executive Director).
- In 2010, NEPHO entered into our first Alternative Quality Contract (AQC) with Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS).
- In 2012, NEPHO joined the Lahey Clinical Performance Network (LCPN) as an Accountable Care (risk) Unit (ACU). See affiliation chart below.
- NEPHO holds 7 direct contracts and participates in 4 more contracts through our affiliation with LCPN. NEPHO providers can also participate in the Lahey Clinical Performance Accountable Care Organization (LCP-ACO). NEPHO manages approximately 60,000 covered lives in these commercial and Medicare contracts.