Concierge Scheduling for Mammograms
The concierge scheduling program for patients who are in need of mammograms has resumed as of July 2021.
- Each patient’s chart is reviewed to insure that the patient is due for a mammogram.
- The patient is then scheduled based on the time and location of their last scheduled mammogram.
- A letter is sent to the patient listing the day, time and location of their appointment, along with the contact information for Laureen Viel, NEPHO Lead Population Health Specialist.
- As of the first two weeks of July, 20 appointments have been scheduled. 3 patients have reached out to Laureen to reschedule (not cancel!) their appointments.
- Please see below for a copy of the letter that is sent to patients
In addition to the concierge scheduling program, the NEPHO Quality Team collaborated with the Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network on a texting campaign for patients ages 50 to 74. For NEPHO patients, 500 text messages were sent every Tuesday during the months of June and July.
How you (practice-wide) can help:
- Please encourage your patients to schedule their mammograms and extract a commitment. Example: “It is important for you to get this screening done. Will you be able to call this week to schedule it?”
- If patients refer to the letter or texting campaigns, let them know you are aware of these campaigns and support getting this screening completed.